Assuming your prior tax returns have already been filed, first ask your Accountant’s advice about potentially amending your already filed tax returns.  Dozing 4 Dollars™  is always pleased and available to directly discuss the various topics involved in amending your prior returns with your Accountant.

If you have been preparing your own tax returns, we can also recommend an experienced CPA to review your filed returns and discuss the various topics involved in amending your prior returns.  Typically this can be done at a nominal charge.

If your Accountant then determines amending your prior returns is worthwhile, next call your GPS tracking company to verify they still have your complete prior year(s) pinged locations.  Your GPS tracking company will then provide us with your entire prior year(s) pinged information for processing.

After your prior year(s) data has been uploaded to our system, the only required input our program needs from you is to go back to the start of each amending year and tell us when and where the driver(s) incurred lodging expenses.  Our program will have already determined possible sleeping location(s) so an internet input screen will be provided to notify our program that a lodging expense was incurred on specific days for each and every truck.  To make your task easier, our program will assist you truck by truck.

The IRS reminds everyone that to claim a lodging expense, a physical receipt must be issued by the hotel/motel and kept by the employer showing the hotel/motel name, lodging location, date, and person(s) who stayed at that facility.